Newly Created Local Components are Showing up as "Remote: Not Found"
(Doc ID 2692885.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:Content and Experience Cloud - Version 18.4.1 and later
Content and Experience Cloud Service - Version 18.4.1 and later
Content and Experience Cloud Classic - Version 18.4.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Newly Created Local Components are Showing up as "Remote: Not Found" After Edit and Upload/Sync of Edited Component Files.
Steps to reproduce issue:
1. Log into OCE with all Administrative, Content, Repository and Developer roles
2. Navigate to "Developer" and choose "Component"
3. Click "Create" and "Create Local Component" (emphasis LOCAL). Give it a name (e.g. "example-comp")
4. Wait for the component to be created
5. Open the Oracle Content Desktop App
6. Select 'Choose folders to sync' and choose "example-comp"
7. Edit the appinfo.json, render.js or settings.html on your laptop and allow the Oracle Content desktop app to snyc the files
8. Return to OCE in the cloud and navigate to "Developer" and choose "Component"
Expected Result: example-comp appears in the list as a "Local Component"
Actual result: example-comp appears in the list as "Remote: Not Found"
These Local Components not displayed as "Remote: Not Found" do not render properly in Site builder, simply displaying the component name when dragged onto the page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document