Getting "INV_ADDR_TYPE" Error when Loading Suppliers Using Data Conversion Tool
(Doc ID 2697807.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising Foundation Cloud Service - Version 19.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Getting "INV_ADDR_TYPE" error is encountered when loading suppliers using Data Conversion (DC) Tool.
Unable to load suppliers and supplier sites using DC Tool after updating EXTERNAL_ADDR_IND to 'Y' for address type 01, 04 and 06.
Since CFIN (Oracle Cloud Financials) is the owner of address type 04 and 06, and with address type 01 being primary and mandatory, modified the EXTERNAL_ADDR_IND for address type 01, 04 and 06 from 'N' to 'Y'. However, DC tool will then error out all addresses where address type has EXTERNAL_ADDR_IND set to 'Y'.
Steps To Recreate:
1) Modify ADD_TYPE_MODULE where module = 'SUPP' such that
- 01 is primary and mandatory
- 02,03,04,05,06 are non-mandatory
2) Modify ADD_TYPE such that
- 01,04,06 are externally maintained (EXTERNAL_ADDR_IND = 'Y')
- the rest are maintained within MFCS
3) Create input files
a) sups.dat containing supplier and supplier site
b) addr.dat containing
- supplier with 01 address
- purchasing supplier site has 04 address
- remittance supplier site has 06 address
- each unique supplier site has 01 address
4) load supplier and supplier sites using DC tool
5) Business Validation will show several errors - the main error being "Address type %s1 is invalid."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document