FA: INV: Change Serial Control from 'entry at Invnetory Pick' to 'predefiend' for Item with Existing On-hand: Unable to Use Existing On-hand Quantity
(Doc ID 2708926.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Inventory Management Cloud Service - Version 11.13.20.04.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Inventory Management - Version 11.13.20.04.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The system allows for the serial control for items to be modified from "Entry At Inventory Pick" to "Predefined" for an item with existing on-hand quantity. However, the user is not able to use the existing on-hand quantity.
1. Initially item's serial control definition was setup as "Entry At Inventory Pick" and had on-hand of 90 qty
2. Change serial control definition from "Entry At Inventory Pick" to "Predefined" serial control
3. Create MISC receipt for 5 qty. This will refer new item definition and will ask for serial numbers while receipt which need to be generated before transaction
4. Issue out 95 QTY (90 with initial definition and 5 with new definition):
- System will only allow the user to issue only 5 QTY which has serial tracked with on-hand
- The remaining (initial) on-hand quantity of 90 remains in your inventory and can not be transacted
User changed serial control from "Entry At Inventory Pick" to "Predefined" for an item with existing on-hand quantity.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document