Constraint Rules Behave Like They Are Ajax Enabled
(Doc ID 2720341.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud Service - Version 20 C Patch 1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Constraint rules behave like AJAX enabled if "constraint selected values" is chosen when an AJAX enabled Hiding rule triggers.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a boolean attribute (attribute A)
- Create a text attribute (attribute B)
- Create a AJAX enabled hiding rule to hide attribute B if attribute A in true
- Create a constraint rule (non - AJAX). Condition: Attribute A equals true, Action: constraint value True for Attribute A
- Add the attributes on the Layout
- Set Attribute A to true => Attribute B is hidden
- Click Update => Constraint rule triggers and message appears
- Uncheck Attribute A => Attribute B is visible again (expected), Constraint message disappears (constraint message should still be visible until the Update button is clicked, as the constraint rule is not AJAX)
The above is not reproducible if for the constraint rule the "Constraint all" option is selected instead of "constraining specific values".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document