Error 'A file name cannot contain any of the characters /\:*?<>| ' When Attempting to Upload Documents from Sharepoint to the Documents Section in P6 Web
(Doc ID 2744066.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 28, 2021
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 19.12]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 19.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to to upload documents from SharePoint to the Documents section in P6Web, the following error occurs:
https://<HOST>/.../Shared Documents/<file name>.xlsx?d=w184ed9f11a60400
A file name cannot contain any of the characters /\:*?<>|[space]
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In P6 Web, navigate to Projects > Documents page.
- Add a document with a URL.
- Add related activity in the Related Items page, and click Save.
- Notice the reported error.
- Try to remove the special character(s) in the file extension.
- Error received: "You are attempting to change the file extension of this document by updating its title or checking in a file of a different type. The file extension of this document cannot be changed."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!