After Upgrade to Primavera Unifier Version 20.9, There Are Unexpected Changes To The Funding Sheet Functionality
(Doc ID 2749451.1)
Last updated on MARCH 23, 2021
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 20.9 to 20.12 [Release 20.9 to 20.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It has been observed after upgrading to Primavera Unifier version 20.9 that there are some changes with regards to Funding Sheet views and management that seem to indicate lost functionality for users. These changes were not referenced in the CFO or Unifier User's Guide (Ver 20.x) documentation. Fortunately the customer has the ability to continue opening the Funding Sheet with the Classic Interface.
There are 3 aspects to these changes as follows:
Issue 1: There does not appear to be the ability to reassign record funding in the Funding Sheet’s new interface. This is an important feature that is available in the classic interface.
Issue 2: The Manage Rows interface in the Funding Sheet’s new interface does not display all of the Available Company Fund Codes. There is no ability to view unassigned fund details in the new interface or assign the funds from the detail view. The documentation describes using a link which does not exist.
Issue 3: Manual Fund reassignment in the New User Interface is not working as expected.
Customer expectation is that they will have the same functionality (perhaps with different steps required) in the New UI that they had in the Classic view.
Issue 1 STEPS
The issues can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into the Unifier environment.
- Navigate to Project/Shell where the issue can be seen > Cost Manager > Funding > Funding Manager > Funding Sheet. The sheet can be opened in Classic Interface, or Open in New UI.
- Open the Funding Sheet in the Classic view > Rows > Add Row > Under Fund Attributes, Fund Code, click "Select" > There are multiple Fund Codes that can be selected > Close all windows.
- Open the Funding Sheet in the New UI View > Click "Manage Rows" > The "Manage Rows" window opens, under "Available Company Fund codes", only a few listed and there are some of those are in the already "Selected" side of window. When attempting to enter one of the multiples seen in step 3 in Standard view in the "Filter" row, they are not found.
Issue 2 STEPS
- Navigate to Project/Shell where the 2nd issue is seen > Cost Manager > Funding > Funding Sheet > Funding Sheet > Open Classic Interface > Project Funding Sheet opens > Click on "Consumed Funds" column amount $xxx,xxx.xx, for "Fund Code 1" > Select a Transaction > Assign to Funds > Manual Fund Assignment window opens, there are multiple funds, and amounts can be assigned to each. Close all windows.
- Open Funding Sheet in New UI > Double Click on "Consumed Funds" column amount $xxx,xxx.xx, for Fund Code "Fund Code 1"
- The Transactions for this column/row are displayed at the bottom with 5 tabs: Transactions, Cell Details, Attachments, Notes, Audit Log. There doesn't seem to be any way to perform funding reassignment as can be done in Classic view.
Issue 3 STEPS
- Navigate to Project/Shell where this issue is seen > Cost Manager > Funding > Funding Sheet > Open in Classic Interface > Click on link next to "Unassigned (Project Level)" > "Cell Detail" window opens, Select a Transaction > Click "Assign to Funds" > "Manual Fund Assignment" window opens and user can select multiple different Fund Codes and distribute amounts/percentages. > Close all windows.
- Open the Funding Sheet with New UI > The "Unassigned (Project Level): $xx,xxx.xx" is displayed between "Currency" and "(CBS Level): $x.xx"... but there are no links, it cannot be opened. user cannot manually assign funds as was possible in Classic UI.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document