IOT: Data Does Not Appear After Importing Assets Linked To Devices
(Doc ID 2751032.1)
Last updated on MAY 20, 2021
Applies to:Internet of Things Cloud Service - Version 20.4.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issues with putting historical data on the platform. The data only appears when linking devices manually. When linking them automatically through import, the data does not appear.
The expectation is to have data appear when linking them automatically through import.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Imported several assets, linking the devices, through a CSV file.
2. When viewing the asset on the Asset Inventory tab, it is already linked to the Device.
3. Clicked Operations Center, in the side menu and clicked Assets. Selected the Asset (In the example C.BX.KM39) and clicked Show Details, put it in Live to see the data in real time.
4. Used a REST API tool (Postman) to put data on the system.
5. When returning to the platform to see the data that was entered, none of them appeared on the graph.
6. Accessed the Asset Inventory and did the following procedures: Unlink devices and saved, and then link devices again and saved.
7. Went back to the Postman tool and posted the data again.
8. Performed step 3 again and the new data that was posted in step 7 appeared.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document