DPT Moves Ahead By 11 Months After Correction Of Policy Enrollment Start Date
(Doc ID 2757319.1)
Last updated on MARCH 03, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Insurance Policy Administration Cloud Service - Version NA and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : NA version, MICC Transfer to TSC
DPT moves ahead by 11 months after correction of policy enrollment start date
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Paydate offset = -1 and other offsets = 0
1. Create a family policy with start date 2019-09-01 with 1M frequency (premium is based on family scale)
2. Run generate mutation
3. Run calculate premium with input date 2020-08-31
4. Premium is calculated for periods 2019-09-01 to 2020-09-30
5. Register a full amount payment on exact due date of 2020-09-01
6. Run processandapplyregistrations operation
7. DPT is set to 2020-09-30 (this is expected)
8. Edit policy
9. Add a new policy enrollment starting on 2020-09-01 (scale is still family)
10. Submit policy
11. One policy event is created with effective date 2020-09-01 (this is expected)
12. Run processandapplyregistrations operation
13. Event is converted to mutation (this is incorrect, mutation must be handled as its effective date is before DPT)
14. DPT is set to 2020-09-30 (this is expected as premium has not changed to addition of this member)
15. Edit policy
16. Correct start date of the products of the to 2020-08-15 (starting 15 days prior but the scale is still family from policy start date)
17. Submit policy
18. One policy event is created with effective date 2020-08-15 (this is expected)
19. Run processandapplyregistrations operation
20. DPT is set to 2021-08-31 (mutation created in step 13 still remains but the event created in step 18 is handled)
In step 20 the functional expectation is that since the new member's start date moved back but the premium applicable remained the same as it is still a family hence DPT should have been 2020-09-30.
DPT must remain the same as the premium applicable has not changed after the policy change.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document