A Request Variable Prompt to Override PREFERRED_CURRENCY does not Default to the Specific Custom Value in Oracle Analytics Cloud
(Doc ID 2762184.1)
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Analytics Cloud - Version 105.9.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With Oracle BI Applications (BI Apps) 220.127.116.11.x on OBIEE 18.104.22.168.x:-
1. The PREFERRED_CURRENCY session variable is populated with a value of 'Document Currency' via an Init Block in the RPD.
2. A Dashboard Prompt has a Variable Prompt for Request Variable = PREFERRED_CURRENCY. The prompt gives a Choice List of 3 Custom Values ('Global Currency 1', 'Document Currency' and 'Local Currency') and has a Default Value set to the Specific Value of 'Global Currency 1'.
3. When a user navigates to a (custom) Dashboard with the Dashboard Prompt, the Variable Prompt shows the Default Value of 'Global Currency 1' and the reports return results quickly.
After migrating to Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC):-
1. When the user navigates to the (custom) Dashboard, the reports run for a long time and returns unexpected results, due to the Variable Prompt has no Default Value.
2. This issue is only encountered when the Variable Prompt is for Request Variable = PREFERRED_CURRENCY; if another (non-system) Session Variable is specified then the prompt shows the Default Value as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document