Announcement: Oracle Search Replaces SemSearch
(Doc ID 2764685.1)
Last updated on MAY 13, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Recruiting Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.01.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This will replace the first-generation search technology that has been used in the product since its inception: ORC SemSearch.
With this change, Oracle Recruiting customers that have not activated Oracle Search for ORC prior to 21B will see the below new features appear. The features are also documented in the What's New documentation for the indicated release.
- CJK (Chinese-Japanese-Korean) Language Support (20A)
- Promote Similar Jobs (20A)
- Work Location filter in Configure Search Filters for Candidates (20A)
- Enhanced Candidate Search for Recruiters (20B)
- Search Jobs by Postal Code (20B)
- Display Distance to Job on External Career Site (20B)
- DFF in Job Details (20C)
- DFF as Search Facet (20C)
- CE Map-based Search (20D)
- CE Filter by Organization (21A)
As a customer using Oracle Recruiting, what do you need to do?
If you are a customer that has Oracle Search activated in 21A:
- you do not need to do anything relative to Oracle Search once you update to 21B.
If you are a customer that did NOT have Oracle Search activated in 21A (you were using ORC SemSearch in 21A):
- you will need to do the following immediately after updating to 21B:
1. Run the following indexing jobs under Scheduled Processes in this order, waiting for the specified job to complete before proceeding to the next job:
- Load and Index TCA Geographies
- Load and Index Job Requisitions
- Load and Index Candidates
2. Upon completion of the above, jobs, proceed to schedule the incremental indexing jobs that will index any new requisition, candidate, and geography entities that are added going forward:
- Maintain Candidates and Job Requisitions for Search (recommended frequency: 15 minutes)
- Once your POD environments are updated to 21B, you must immediately deactivate Oracle Search to revert to ORC SemSearch.
To do this, set the IRC_ELASTIC_SEARCH_ENABLED Profile Option Code to 'N' per the procedure described in the following MOS document:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document