Fusion HCM Cloud: Enabling Autocomplete Rules Feature Starting with Release 21B
(Doc ID 2767655.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 30, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.04.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Payroll Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.04.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Time and Labor Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.04.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Absence Management Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.04.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Profile Management Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.04.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Autocomplete Rules is the fourth component of the HCM Experience Design Studio joining Transaction Design Studio, Person Spotlight, and Landing Pages. Autocomplete Rules, a data model layer extensibility framework is part of the HCM Cloud extensibility tools. It provides the ability to create your own rules on top of the application to default or validate values entered in a transaction. By default, these rules apply everywhere such as UI, HDL, REST, SOAP, etc.
If you are in application release 21A or prior, refer - Controlled Availability of Oracle HCM Cloud AutoComplete Tool (Doc ID 2637151.1).
You can use the Autocomplete Rules tool to do these tasks:
- Validate single-entity
- Prevent special characters in names and address fields
- Ensure phone number formats
- Validate date attributes
- Prevent retro or future dated transactions
- Validate across business attributes
- If Location is … then Department must be …
- Default business attributes
- Logged in user Department, Legal Entity, Business Unit
- Default based on a condition
- Set the Full-time/Part-time status based on Work Hours
- Default based on complex business rules across objects
- Default Salary Basis based on FLSA status
Create intake request for using Autocomplete Rules:
You have to submit your defaulting and validation use cases to enable and use Autocomplete Rules in your environments. Follow the steps below and submit your use cases for review and approval by Oracle.
- Create SR to request access for implementing Autocomplete Rules. Follow the steps below to create the SR:
- In MOS/Cloud Portal, navigate to Cloud Tab (for MOS)
- Select Product - “Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service”
- Choose Problem Type – “Global Human Resources > HCM Experience Design Studio (Transaction Design Studio, Autocomplete, Person Spotlight, Landing Page Background Images)”
- Choose the flow - “Autocomplete Rules intake request” and follow the instructions provided. Please note: the email you provide during SR creation process is used to send user account, password reset etc. notifications from CoE Autocomplete Program App which will be used to submit and track use cases
- Support initiates internal process
- Oracle provisions user account for the CoE Autocomplete Program App
- CoE Autocomplete Program App is available outside the Oracle network
- Email is sent to customer / SI partner POC from step 1
- Customer / SI Partner to submit Autocomplete use cases. Use cases must be submitted online using the Autocomplete Program App
- After your use case is approved, you will receive an approval email, instructions to enable Autocomplete Rules and methods to request any additional assistance.
- Only approved use cases are supported by Oracle. Hence, the approved use case number must be provided when you create an SR to request assistance on a specific use case.
- Autocomplete Rules only supports mobile responsive UI.
Note: In case you have been approved for using Autocomplete Rules and you want to request contact email change, send an email to Autocomplete Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document