"Target Unreachable, 'null' Returned Null." Error with CFAs Having Record Groups VARCHAR2
(Doc ID 2775170.1)
Last updated on MAY 23, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising Foundation Cloud Service - Version 19.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When, in the Record Group configuration (table CFA_REC_GROUP), the column COL_1_DATA_TYPE has the value 'VARCHAR2', "Target Unreachable, 'null', returned null " error appears for the user on the screen where the value of the CFA will be used.
This error only occurs when using the CFA LOV "Search" option. No matter how many records there are in the search result,
"Some error has occurred. Error received is : Target Unreachable, 'null' returned null. Please contact System Administrator"
What is Working
To isolate the case, you can duplicate this Record Group but change the value of the COL_1_DATA_TYPE column to NUMBER (the other data remained identical). Configure a new CFA for this new record group, redo the tests and the error will not appear.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Setup a Record Group (CFA_REC_GROUP) with COL_1_DATA_LENGTH
2. Setup a CFA with widget_ui type RG and then select the Record Group created at step1.
3. Open the CFA in the applications screens (Item > Edit Item > More Actions > Other Attributes > CFA)
4. At the CFA screen try to select any value through the Search options inside the LOV widget
5. When you click on the accept button an error message is presented.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document