Fusion Benefits: Wrong Communicated Rate Amount if Using Per Pay Period with Element Frequency Rules
(Doc ID 2776687.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Benefits Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.01.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 11.13.21.01.0 version, Set Up Benefits
The Standard Medical Rate is calculated Based on Element Payroll Frequency.
The Payroll Element Frequency is biweekly and it should be deducted in 2 payroll periods. Element frequency is enabled to deduct in 1st and 2nd Pay period.
Rate frequency is defined as monthly.
Communicated rate is defined as Per pay period with element frequency rules
Element Frequency Rules has Biweekly pay periods
Employee is enrolled as of 1 Jul 2020.
Program and plan years are starting with 1st Jul year X- 30th June year Y
However, the rate amount is not calculating properly in BSC> Rates> Communicated Amount.
The rate should be deducted in 2 payroll periods, as element payroll frequency biweekly.
Rate amount: 40
Expected result: 20 $
Actual result: around 36.92
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Created a recurring Payroll Element with biweekly frequency
2. Created standard rate Medical Single EE, attach payroll element created at step1
3. See Standard rate Medical EE: Value passed to Payroll : Communicated Amount <
4. See Standard rate Medical EE: Additional Information> Calculation method>Calculate for Enrollment: Value set to 40
5. Enroll employee as of 1st July 2020, see rate for Medical Single EE
6. See Communicated Amount is 36.92
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, wrong EE rate is shown for employees
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document