P6 Web Service Project Resource Assignments Spread Update Does Not Work Consistently
(Doc ID 2778847.1)
Last updated on MAY 25, 2021
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 21.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It was noticed that, after upgrading to 21.1 version, while trying to execute update resource assignment spread values from a third party application, the test results are inconsistent.
If one test succeeds, then the next one will fail and so on.
Normally, the tests should be consistent all the time.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Delete the spread values in P6 professional application for a certain project and activities
- Refresh P6 Data.
- Launch third party application
- Run Resource Assignment Spread update using third party application, which uses P6 Web Services
- Notice that the update runs successfully.
- Repeat the same steps from above, with same test case and test data
- Verify values in P6 Professional and at this point the issue was noticed
- Test data used for each run to be the same one
- Verify the values from P6 Professional against the input and notice that the values are matching (Values passed from the third party application and what reflects/updated in P6 Professional)
- At the next run, notice that there is a difference in what was passed and what was updated in P6 Professional.
The above step 9 and 10 occurs alternatively
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document