When Syllabus is Loaded As a Clob File in Course.dat the Expected Line Breaks are Not Showing
(Doc ID 2782663.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Learning Management Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.04.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Course is loaded using HDL, and there is a separate text file included in the Course.zip which contains the Syllabus, the line breaks which are included in the Syllabus text file are not formatted correctly when checking in the UI after the load has completed. For example:
1) Create a folder called:
2) Inside C:temp\SyllabusTestCase create the Course.dat file.
3) Create a subfolder called ClobFiles
4) Put the file SyllabusTest.txt inside the ClobFiles directory.
5) Contents of the Course.dat
MERGE|Course|2021/01/01|4712/12/31|TEST_OLC_1|Test Clob Course|TestClobCourse Short Descr|SyllabusTest.txt|2021/01/01||1|2|SyllabusTextTest|123456
6) Content of SyllabusTest.txt
Test clob test (this is the title)
This is line 1
this is line 2 ("line 2")
This is line 3 ("Line 3")??? i am testing the characters etc.
This is a html link https://www.oracle.com
7) Load the Course.zip from My Client Groups/Data Exchange. The load goes through OK, but when checking in the UI, the line breaks have not been preserved in the Syllabus, so everything is shown on one line.
8) Similarly if a learner searches for the course, clicks on it, expands the details, the Syllabus is not formatted correctly but shown all on one line.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document