When Attempting To Enter Data In Grid View, Some Fields Are Not Displayed And When Accessing a Grid View Cell the Value is Sometimes Cleared From the Field
(Doc ID 2789844.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2021
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 19.12 to 20.12]
Primavera Unifier - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 19.12 to 20.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Grid View to Edit detail forms there are two incorrect behaviors noted:
- Entry of data into some fields is not displayed in the field -- for example typing "200", only the last "0" is displayed in the field.
- Accessing a cell (last column for example) clears out the value in the 3rd column which is a picker. This also occurs with creator fields.
Expecting to be able to enter Text in the Grid fields and have it be displayed, and not cause that field to not display all characters. Also expect Unifier to not delete an entry in another column.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into the Unifier environment.
- Navigate to a Project/Shell where the issue has been observed > BP Upper node > Business Process log > Open BP Record > Details > "Line Item Details" in right pane.
- Note that in this case there is a picker that references a higher level shell to pull in standardized items > That picker then causes most of the other fields to auto-populate in that form.
- Change to Grid View > The Line Item is editable.
- Go to the far right column and on the top line attempt to type in some text.
- Note that as soon as some text is entered, the value of the field is removed from the view and it goes blank. Because it is a "Required" field the user cannot Save the changes to the record and receives an error that "<DataElementName> is a required field" message.
- Open Items > Grid View > Click on top line, choose a column > type "100"... instead of displaying 100, the UI displays 0. So the UI seems to skip the first 2 characters entered.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document