Clarification Regarding Non-Merch Debit/Credit Memos
(Doc ID 2804408.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching Cloud Service - Version NA and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Requirement to charge back suppliers for penalties such as late delivery or late documents, for example. Although there is no such functionality in ReIM, Is it possible when creating several Non-Merchandise Codes, not associated with expenses, and map them to finance accounts in ReIM.
While testing this workaround we have noticed the following:
1) Credit Note Requests with Non-Merchandise Costs get approved, and they can be associated to a PO or not.
2) The corresponding Credit Note is also approved with success.
3) Doing the same for Debit Memo (either Cost or Quantity) never gets the document approved, unless we add any item with cost and quantity as zero.
4) Tested the same for Credit Memos (positive amount) and got the same result - the document never gets approved if it only has non-merchandise cost.
4) Tried to create a non-merchandise invoice with a negative amount as part of these tests and it is also not possible. Discovered the Doc ID 2780855.1 where this was already an issue in v16.
I understand the Memos work as a reconciliation documents to help matching invoices, and would like to understand if this is a known bug that is being resolved, or it is working as expected.
If it is working as expected, how do customers handle PO discounts due to penalties without impacting item ELC's?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document