Enhancement Request: Cross-docking Allocation Leaves Residual Stock At Warehouse
(Doc ID 2813117.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 08, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising Foundation Cloud Service - Version NA and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While creating the cross docking replenishment ,it is expected to allocate entire purchase order quantity .
so no residual stock is left at the WH. System is not "pushing" the residual in certain cases, cause WH to have unplanned stocks in cross-docking orders.
Steps to Recreate:
- Setup items with Store Order Multiple = Inner, Case > Inner, but Inner > 1 ( case = 12 and inner = 3),ROUND_LVL = cases
- Setup replenishment attributes with Replenishment Category = CROSS_DOCKING ,SCALING_EXEMPT= 'N'
- Run replenishment where Purchase Orders are created rounded to Cases, and allocation to stores is done by inners
- Observe that the system does not fully allocate the quantities, leaving
- residuals behind, i.e., Ordered Quantity > Allocated Quantity (see attached print screen).
the QTY_ORDERED = 1008 but the QTY_ALLOCATED = 999.
In a cross-docking scenario, we should expect to have a way to "force allocate" the residual (9 units, i.e., 3 inners or 0.75 case).
That is the requirement we're trying to fulfil. We would like to see that no residual has been "left behind", i.e., QTY_ORDERED should equal QTY_ALLOCATED, in this case 1008
System to ensure no quantity is left over at warehouse , users can use store order multiple as case.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document