OAC (Oracle Analytics Cloud) Publisher Report Incorrectly Passes Parameter Values Containing % Character in the Data Model
(Doc ID 2819268.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 20, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Analytics Cloud - Version 106.2.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : NA version, MICC Transfer to TSC
Report incorrectly passes parameter values containing % character to the data model.
User runs a report online/scheduled and enters a parameter value containing a wildcard %.
When user clicks the Apply a different value is passed than what was entered and the report returns no data.
For example, the user enters X4131 as the value, but what is passed to the data model is X4131.
Expect it to pass the correct parameter value.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to XMLPSERVER -> Catalog -> New -> Data Model
2. Create a Data Model with SQL based data set.
3. Add a LOV (List Of Values) with fixed data.
Note: Add a couple of options in the LOV to have % character followed by alphabets and numbers.
4. Click on View Data button.
Note: Select any parameter value, including those with % sign.
5. Select View button and then Save As Sample Data button.
6. Select Save icon.
7. Add Layout Template for report.
8. Select report created -> Open -> Select Parameters -> Apply.
Note: In each step, choose various parameter values including those with % sign and other special characters.
9. Validate end to end flow from Data Model -> Report -> Schedule job -> Submit -> Job details.
10. Parameter values using a wildcard character does not generate the correct results.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document