Prepare Mass Additions does not utilize the Capital Threshold Setups to Create the Low Value Asset with Expected Asset Depreciation Rules
(Doc ID 2826352.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Assets Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.07.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Established Capital Gain Thresholds for asset book and category. However when low values assets are added they are not working as intended
ref setups per Note 2411399.1 - Technical Brief: Asset Capitalization Threshold
LOW_VALUE_THRESHOLD_AMOUNT = 5000
CAP_THRESHOLD_AMOUNT = 1
Asset will be added with asset type of
- Expensed, if cost is less than capitalization threshold = 1
- Capitalized with low value asset depreciation rule, if cost is equal to or above capitalization threshold but less than low value threshold $5000
- Capitalized, if cost is equal to or above low value threshold $5000
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Tasks> Added Asset. Use cost > $1 but less than threshold of $5000, ex $4000
2. Review created asset method/life. Expect the asset to be CAPITALIZED using the low value asset method/life at category
3. Find asset is using standard category default values for method and life.
setups per Note 2411399.1 - Technical Brief: Asset Capitalization Threshold
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document