Attribute-based Planning Will Replace Project-Driven Supply Chain Planning in Release 22B.
(Doc ID 2847294.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Planning Central Cloud Service - Version 11.13.21.07.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- In Supply Planning Cloud, project-driven supply chain planning (PDSC) allows you to match up supplies and demands across the supply chain by project and task.
- In Releases 21C and 21D, Supply Planning Cloud introduced a more generalized, superset attribute-based planning (ABP) capability that allows you to match up supplies and demands by arbitrary attributes (including project and task.)
- In Release 22B, PDSC planning will be retired. Therefore, prior to upgrading to Release 22B, you should convert your PDSC supply plans to ABP supply plans.
- The merging of PDSC into ABP will allow PDSC customers to benefit from all future enhancements in the ABP area.
- Supply Chain Planning Cloud customers with Project-Driven Supply Chain opt-in enabled can create Attribute-Based Netting rules equivalent to project-based netting rules created using Manage Project Netting Rules.
- With Release 22B, planning project-specific supply in a plan can be performed only by associating an Attribute-Based Netting Rule.
- You need create an Attribute-Based Netting Rule with your business specific netting steps along with grouping and striping preferences for planned order recommendation.
- The transition from project-based netting rules to attribute-based netting rules must be done for project-based plans in Planning Central, Supply Planning and Integrated Demand and Supply Planning work areas.
- With Release 22B, Manage Project Netting Rules task will be not be available to create or edit project-based netting rules.
- Start the transition from project-based netting rules to Attribute-based netting rules.
- Please refer to the Release 21D Supply Planning Release Readiness content for the feature Net Project Supply Using Attribute-Based Netting Rules for detailed instructions on how to convert a PDSC supply plan to an ABP supply plan (Video, Handout).
- Please refer to the Release 21C Supply Planning Release Readiness content for the theme Supply Chain Planning: Attribute-based Planning for detailed information on how to configure and use Attribute-based Planning:
- Introduction to Attribute-Based Planning in Supply Planning and Plan Supplies and Demands (Video, Handout).
- Map and Collect Supply Demand Entities with User-Defined Attributes (Video, Handout).
- Include Attributes in Plan Analysis (Video, Handout).
- Release Recommendations, REST Services and Analyze using Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence for Attribute-Based Planning (Video, Handout).
- For additional information please review recorded Cloud Customer Connect session on Feb 16, 2022, 8:00 AM PST - Feb 16, 2022, 9:00 AM PST
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document