Jobs Getting Stuck With "Waiting to obtain an executor to start the execution of the build" After Narrowing Down Ingress And Egress Rules In "vbs-executor-vcn"
(Doc ID 2860290.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2023
Applies to:Visual Builder Studio - Version 22.04.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In order to allow Build Executors to deploy on VBCS with a more secure access than the one given by ANY address, what described in
Oracle® Cloud Administering Visual Builder Studio Release 22.01.0 - 3 Set Up VB Studio for CI/CD - VB Studio Public IP Addresses in OCI Data Centers
has been tried.
More precisely, the following steps have been performed:
1. Added a new security list in the "vbs-executor-vcn" with
- Egress rules with TCP all ports "/32" subnet for all the IPs listed in the above document for the specific Region and Data Center.
- Ingress rules with TCP ports 22, 9005, 9033, 9082, 9085, ICMP type 3 code 4 and "/32" subnet for all the IPs listed in the above document for the specific Region and Data Center.
2. Attach the security list created at step 1. to the three VM executor subnets (one on each AD).
3. Edit the default security list and remove egress and ingress entries with 0.0.0.0/0 as destination and source respectively.
4. Run any job in VBS: the job gets stuck in "Waiting to obtain an executor to start the execution of the build".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document