Fusion PIM: Unable to Update Start Date of Item When Assigning From One Category To A New Category With A Different Start Date
(Doc ID 2860432.1)
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Product Hub Cloud Service - Version 11.13.22.01.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While reassigning the existing item category assignment to a different one, the start date does not get modified to a default valid start date and retains the older one. Therefore, if the older start date is not valid for the new category assignment, then
the user will get a start date validation error in UI.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create a catalog "CAT_A"
2. Create a Category "CAT_A_1" with the Current Date as the Start Date.
3. Create another Category "CAT_A_2" with a future Start Date.
4. Now create an item ITEM_A and assign CAT_A_1 to it the assignment Start Date will be defaulted to the current date. Save and close the item.
5. Open the edit item page for ITEM_A, Navigate to the Categories tab.
6. Reassign the category from CAT_A_1 to CAT_A_2. Observe that the Start Date did not change to a future date even if CAT_A_2 has a future Start Date. It retains the previous value for the Start Date.
7. Try to save the item. Now the valid Start Date validation will be triggered as the Start Date is not valid.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document