Voided Gift card amount still getting applied during Order Submit when using “full payment required"
(Doc ID 2874152.1)
Last updated on JUNE 02, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Cloud Service - Version 22.1.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Applies to OSF and classic Storefront
When a shopper attempts to complete an order that includes a gift card payment that was previously voided, the card authorization amount is not for the full order value (
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Enabled Full Payment Required in Admin
- Add Items, Shipping Address, and Shipping Method
- Add a gift card that is less than the order total (/orders/current/payments/add)
- Add a credit card for the balance (/orders/current/payments/add)
- Submit the order (/orders/current/submit)
- The gift card is authorized successfully but the credit card fails
- Gift Card is voided with status removed and credit card is authorization failed
- Add a different credit card for the full amount (/orders/current/payments/add)
- Submit the order again (/orders/current/submit)
- Order status is 'SUBMITTED' but the full balance of the order has not been paid, taking into account the 'removed' gift card payment group. The card authorization amount is not for the full order value but the order value minus the gift card amount. The gift card was voided and should no longer be applied for the 2nd submission.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document