After An Upgrade From 20.12 to 21.12.4, Users Are Not Able To Copy User Defined Reports (UDR) With Their Existing Permissions, Whereas Prior To the Upgrade They Could Perform This Action
(Doc ID 2876659.1)
Last updated on JUNE 24, 2022
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 21.12 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 21.12]
Primavera Unifier - Version 21.12 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 21.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After an upgrade from Unifier version 20.12.x.x to Unifier 21.12.4, it was noticed that a User with access to run a User Defined Report (UDR) could no longer copy the report. When selecting the UDR and clicking "Copy" nothing happens, there is no error but the expectation is that the Edit Report window will open and allow the editing the copied UDR details. It was found that if the users Access level permissions were changed to give them Full Access or if the UDR level Permissions were changed to "Edit Report" then they could copy the UDR. Nothing had changed with regards to users Access Level permissions or UDR permissions, so they should still have been able to copy UDR's.
Users that were previously able to copy existing UDR's without additional permissions, would still like to be able to copy UDR's.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into the Unifier Environment.
- Proxy as a user that had previously (before the upgrade to 21.12.4) been able to copy UDR's.
- Navigate to the Project/Shell > User Mode > Reports > User-Defined > Find "UDR_1" > Click the Gear icon > Copy.
- Nothing happens... it is expected that the Edit User Defined Report window will open.
- Log out and log back in as an Administrator
- Navigate back to the same report as in step 3 > Select > Permissions. Note that the user only has "View & Run" permission.
- If the Administrator gives the user 'Edit Report" permission, then the user can Copy the report, but they do not want that because that also gives the user the ability to Edit the report. They only want the user with View & Run permission to be able to Copy the report.
- If the user is given Full Access permission in the User Mode Permissions window for UDRs in general then they also have access to copy the UDR, but the system administrator does not want these users that run the UDR's to have that level of access, and they didn't need it prior to the 21.12 upgrade.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document