OCI Fast Connect - BGP Neighborship Issue to Cisco ASR: Code 2 (Open Message Error)
(Doc ID 2887785.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 24, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Cloud Infrastructure FastConnect - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- This type of issue is typically found at the time of a first setup of FastConnect.
- Interface is determined as "UP" on both ends.
- Layer 2 connectivity is established, OCI is learning the MAC address of the customer equipment.
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is not able to come up, from the Cisco ASR side (customer side) they are sending the error message: Open message error 2
- Customer equipment is confirmed to be configured with the same AS number they defined in OCI for their local AS number, and they are using 31898 for the remote AS number (Oracle's public AS number).
- Customer's IP address configuration matches the IPs they defined in OCI when setting up FastConnect.
- Cisco ASR is on an "older" version (minimum version not captured).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document