Incorrect Chargeback Amount For Quantity And Cost Discrepancy
(Doc ID 2898079.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 23, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching Cloud Service - Version 19.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 19.3 version, Discrepancy Resolution
When trying to resolve both a quantity and cost discrepancy for a given invoice, you observe the total amount charged back is not correct.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. PO/Receipt is created for one item as such:
- Qty: 2
- Unit Cost: 10.00
- Total Cost: 20.00
2. Invoice is created for previous PO/Receipt as such:
- Qty: 3
- Unit Cost: 12.00
- Total Cost excl VAT: 36.00
Note that there are both a cost and qty discrepancies here.
3. During matching the invoice doesn’t match; Discrepancy resolved using cost and quantity as in Receipt and raising a debit memo for qty and another for cost.
4. The expectation was that the total charge back (debit memo cost + debit memo quantity) was equal to 16.00 (= 36.00 – 20.00), but the total chargeback excl. VAT calculated by IMCS was 18.00.
Assuming the quantity adjustment is applied first and then the cost adjustment, the expectation was that we should have:
Qty Chargeback: Invoice Unit Cost x (Invoice Qty – Receipt Qty) = 12.00 x ( 3 – 2 ) = 12.00.
Cost Chargeback: Receipt Qty x (Invoice Cost – Receipt Cost) = 2.00 x (12.00 – 10.00) = 4.00.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document