Roles Name Mismatch in RPCS ORAAC Versus IDCS and the Application Allows It
(Doc ID 2900747.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Retail Pricing Cloud Service - Version 19.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Even though validation is performed between PCS ORAAC and IDCS, mismatching roles can be set up. Therefore, the validation routine is not trapping all mismatches.
Steps to Reproduce
1. From RPCS navigate to ORAAC : > Settings > Security > Role Mapping
2. Create the custom role PCS_VIEW_ALL_JOB_PREPROD in IDCS
3. Duplicate an existing role in ORAAC, and in the new name field, enter PCS_VIEW ALL_JOB_PREPROD; note that a space exists between VIEW and ALL when it should be an underscore (for an exact match with IDCS). Therefore not exactly match the IDCS role.
4. Assign a user to the IDCS custom role
5. Log in to PCS with the user with the custom role assigned
6. Notice the user does not see any options in the TASKS Menu because the user is assigned the IDCS role, but that role does not exist in ORAAC because of the mismatch
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document