Merchandising | Item Induction HTS Update Does Not Cascade Parent To Child
(Doc ID 2913811.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising Foundation Cloud Service - Version 19.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Merchandising | Item Induction HTS Update Does Not Cascade Parent to Child
In the scenario where a tariff treatment rate (e.g. HTS_TARIFF_TREATMENT.SPECIFIC_RATE or HTS_TARIFF_TREATMENT.AV_RATE) changes because the government changes a tariff, and the retailer is using the HTS Definition download/upload process to maintain HTS, users will need to update existing items manually with the new rate (i.e. in ITEM_HTS_ASSESS). Since this change may affect multiple items users will want to use the Item Induction process. They can do this by uploading an item induction file with the Action 'Update' on the Item_HTS_Assess sheet, which is sufficient to trigger Merchandising to update the ITEM_HTS_ASSESS table.
Ideally, to simplify the activity, users would want to be able to do this at parent item level (e.g. L1) and have the change cascade to children (e.g. L2s) in accordance with the system option CORESVC_ITEM_CONFIG.CASCADE_ITEM_HTS_ASSESS; i.e. if system option = 'Y' then cascade update L1 to L2, else don't.
Actual result: Cascading is not happening when CASCADE_ITEM_HTS_ASSESS option is set to 'Y'.
Impact: large scale changes take significantly longer to organise, execute and validate because they must be done at L1 and L2 instead of just L1 (given an average of 4 or 5 L2s per L1).
Attached: sample data extracts.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Find a L1 item with HTS and children.
2. Use the Foundation Data | Import | HTS Definition process to change the HTS tariff treatment rate for the item's HTS code.
3. Note the item's current HTS assessments match the old tariff treatment rate.
4. Check that the cascade HTS system options are set to 'Y'.
5. Download the test item from Merchandising.
6. On the Item_HTS_Assess sheet, set the Action to 'Update'.
7. Upload the item data back into Merchandising.
8. Check the ITEM_HTS_ASSESS table to note that the L1 duty rate has changed but the children's rates haven't.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document