Error: "Invalid Value or Data Type Mismatch. Discarding the Value" When Importing XLSX
(Doc ID 2942098.1)
Last updated on MAY 01, 2023
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 23.1 to 23.3 [Release 23.1 to 23.3]
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 20.12 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 20.12]
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 21.12 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 21.12]
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 22.12 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 22.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the local computer's Regional settings are set to German, attempting to import an Excel XLSX file fails with the following error:
Column act_start_date: Invalid value or data type mismatch. Discarding the value
Column act_end_date: Invalid value or data type mismatch. Discarding the value
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In P6 Professional, open a project and view the Activities page.
- Select File > Export... and export the project activities and dates to Microsoft Excel XLS format.
- Open the exported file in Excel, make no changes and re-save the file.
- In P6 select File > Import... and attempt to import the newly-saved XLSX file.
- Observe the reported error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!