Shell Template's Manually Created Activity Sheet Not Honoring User Group Permissions in New Projects
(Doc ID 2944224.1)
Last updated on APRIL 24, 2023
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 22.12 and later
Primavera Unifier - Version 22.12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating a Manual Activity Sheet in a Shell Template, assigning permissions to users (through a User Group) and creating a new Project using the Template, users who are assigned permission to the Activity Sheet cannot
view the Sheet in the Project. Instead, when users navigate to the Activity Sheet node, the following Alert is displayed:
"Activity Sheets are not available".
If an individual user is given permission to the Activity Sheet in the Project, the user can then see the Sheet. It appears that the Manually created Activity Sheet in the Shell Template is not honoring User Group permissions when a new Project is created.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Log in to Unifier
- Ensure that a Manual Activity Attribute Form is defined: uDesigner -> Activity Manager -> Activity Sheet -> Detail Form -> File -> New -> Manual Activity.
- After the Form is created, Complete and Deploy the design.
- In a Shell Template, create a new Manual Activity Sheet.
- Create a User Group in the Shell Template. Ex name: "Activity Sheet Users'.
- Add two users to the Group: User1 and User2.
- Go to the created Activity Sheet -> Actions -> Permissions.
- Add the User Group from Step 4 above to the Permissions ans assign All Permissions.
- Create a new Project using the Shell Template.
- After the Project is created, navigate to the new Project with the current user.
- Add permissions as necessary. Give the User Group from Step 4 above full permission to the Activity Sheet node.
- With the current user, verify that the Activity Sheet displays successfully in the Project's User View.
- Proxy in as User2 from Step 5 above and navigate to the Project. Observe that the Activity Sheet is not displayed.
- Log in as User1 again and manually add User2 to the Activity Sheet permissions in the Project. Click the Activity Sheet -> Actions -> Permissions -> Add User2 with All Permissions.
- Log in as User2 again and observe the Activity Sheet is now displayed.
The User Group that is added to the Activity Sheet (done in the Shell Template) should be honored and users in the group should be able to view the Sheet.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document