XML Import Causes Error 'Actual Finish Date Must Be Later Than Resume Date'
(Doc ID 2948787.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2023
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 23.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When importing an XML file as Update Existing Project, the import fails and the log shows an error: "Actual Finish date must be later than Resume date."
The target project does not contain any Actual Finish dates earlier than the Resume Dates.
When the same XML file is imported as Create New Project, it imports successfully with no errors.
ResumeDate: Actual Finish date must be later than Resume date.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a project with one activity
- Assign a resource to the activity
- For the activity:
- Add an actual started = 30-Mar-23 08:00 AM
- Set Suspend date = 03-Apr-23 08:00 AM
- Set Resume Date = 10-Apr-23 08:00 AM
- Export the project to XML
- Update the activity:
- Remove the suspend date
- Remove the resume date
- Set an actual finish = 05-Apr-23 04:00 PM
- Import the XML project and choose to update existing project.
- Note the ResumeDate validation error which will occur.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document