User Interface Text Import Ends with Import failed Error for Zip / Xlf file Including Multi-byte Characters on the File Title
(Doc ID 2980130.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Talent Review Cloud Service - Version 11.13.23.07.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating Sandbox with Sandbox name including local language such as Japanese, when exporting the User Interface Text from Export
menu, the prefix of the exported zip file includes the Sandbox name including multi-byte character.
After modifying the xlf file included in zip file, re-zip file (file name of zip file and xlf file both includes original name which includes Sandbox name including multi-byte character)
and import the User Interface Text from Import menu, it will end in "Import failed".
1. Enter the Sandbox with User Interface Text having Sandbox name with Japanese character.
2. From upper menu, Tools > User Interface Text
3. Press Export on the left of User Interface Text menu with Language : Japanese and download zip file. Zip file will include Sandbox name having Japanese character in the file name.
4. Unzip zip file. Confirm xlf file have Sandbox name having Japanese character included in the file name. Modify the xlf file on text editor for import usage.
5. Rezip the file
6. Go to Import on the left of User Interface Text menu.
Language : Japanese
Import : <- set new zip file
7. Press Import
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document