HOWTO : Resolve TimesTen Warning (Warn: : 29515: Large page alignment failed with error 38, linuxLargePageAlignment option ignored) When Using Linux HugePages
(Doc ID 1087432.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle TimesTen In-Memory Database - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 11.2.1 [Release 7.0 to 11.2]
This is a problem which may be seen in any TimesTen installation on Unix where Huge Pages is enabled and where customer has configured TimesTen to allocate shared memory in the Huge Pages pool.
***Checked Currency on 17-Mar-2015***
- TimesTen is being used on Linux Huge Pages have been enabled. TimesTen has been configured so that its shared memory segment will allocated using the Huge Pages pool.
- The datastore has successfully allocated shared memory.
- Inspection of /proc/memstat shows HugePages not being used
- Loading of checkpoint file into the shared memory segment is very slow
- Frequent swapping of virtual memory may be observed.
- A previous shared memory segment allocated in the HugePages pool may not have been removed, or there are other segments not related to TimesTen using HugePages such that there is insufficient contiguous memory available in the HugePages pool to allocate the TimesTen segment being requested.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document