RDBPROD: How to Log Rdb AIJ Switchovers in the Rdb Monitor Log
(Doc ID 1087591.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Rdb Server on OpenVMS - Version 7.2 to 7.2 [Release 7.2]
HP OpenVMS Itanium
HP OpenVMS Alpha
By default, whenever there is an AIJ (After Image Journal) switchover, the event gets logged into the Rdb monitor log. However, it only writes that RMU72.EXE was used for utility access. There is no way to tell that the event was an AIJ switchover. This is what Rdb writes into the monitor log for an AIJ switchover event:
21-APR-2010 13:09:11.75 - Received user attach request from 240007C8:1
- process name _TNA102:, user DBUSER1
- image name "$1$DGA10:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.][SYSEXE]RMU72.EXE"
- database name "$1$DGA12:[MYDB.V72.TEST]MF_PERSONNEL.RDB;1" [_$1$DGA12] (4344,54,0)
- for utility access
- opening as monitor ID 1
- cluster watcher is active
- sending normal user attach reply to 240007C8:1
This article demonstrates how to log AIJ switchover events into the Rdb monitor log.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document