ASM 11.2 Configuration KIT (ASM 11gR2 Installation & Configuration, Deinstallation, Upgrade, ASM Job Role Separation (Standalone Only).
Last updated on OCTOBER 16, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 10.2 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) ASM 11gR2 Installation & Configuration. This presentation explains in detail, the required steps to install the Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11gR2 (220.127.116.11.0), enable the OHAS & CSS services, create an ASM instance & diskgroups.
2) ASM 11gR2 Grid Infrastructure Deinstallation. This presentation explains in detail, the required steps to deinstall the Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11gR2 (18.104.22.168.0), remove the CSS & OHAS services, remove an ASM instance and diskgroups (optional) through the roothas.pl script & deinstall command.
3) ASM 11gR1 Installation & Configuration. This presentation explains in detail, the steps required to install the Oracle Server 11gR1 (22.214.171.124.0), create an ASM instance and diskgroups through the OUI (Oracle Universal Installer). Some customer are already familiar with this release but we are recalling this presentation since it is a predecessor of the next ASM 11gR2 Upgrade presentation.
4) ASM 11gR2 Upgrade. This presentation explains in detail, the steps required to upgrade the CSS service & an ASM instance to release 11gR2 (126.96.36.199.0) along with the OHAS services configuration.
5) Create OS Groups & OS Users for Grid Infrastructure & Oracle Database Software (Job Role Separation). This presentation provides the instructions about how to create the operating system users and groups to install all Oracle Grid & Databases software using different OS users & Groups.
Note: For a complete ASM Role Separation example please check the next document:
- <Document 1376731.1> ASM 11gR2 Grid Infrastructure And RDBMS/Database Installation & Configuration Using ASM Job Role Separation (A Complete Guide).
Ask Questions, Get Help, And Share Your Experiences With This Article
Would you like to explore this topic further with other Oracle Customers, Oracle Employees, and Industry Experts?
Click here to join the discussion where you can ask questions, get help from others, and share your experiences with this specific article.
Discover discussions about other articles and helpful subjects by clicking here to access the main My Oracle Support Community page for Database Install/Upgrade.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms