Logs are not shipped to the physical standby database
(Doc ID 1130523.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 25, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 9.2 to 11.2]
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 12.1]
Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Affected Database: Generic (All Databases)
*** Reviewed for Relevance 15-Jul-2015 ***
May encounter different types of errors depending on the situations:
- Logs are not shipped at log switch or fal archiving fails
- Value of applied column on the primary is not consistent as that on the standby
- RMAN does not delete logs and results in error RMAN-08137
- In some rare cases ORA-12154 may show up in the primary alert log
- Other possible errors ORA-3113, ORA-3135
- WARN: ARCH: Terminating pid <PID> hung on an I/O operation
krsv_proc_kill: Killing 1 processes (Process by index)
Problem usually occurs after OS or network errors, or restarting the primary or standby instance or reboot the primary or standby node that abruptly crashes log shipping between the primary and standby
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!