ASM Instance Unable To Start (ORA-03113: End-Of-File On Communication Channel)
(Doc ID 1194153.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Currency Check 02-Sep-2013
Note: Also applicable to non-RAC environments
ASM instance failed to start with the error (ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel) in a 6-node cluster
Tried sqlplus or srvctl, both fail with these errors.
Only core dumps get generated under the asm_home/db directories.
* The issue was discovered after node evictions (separate issue).
* There are still 2 ASM instances running.
* The Oracle Clusterware / CRS is up and running on all nodes.
* Nothing gets writen to the ASM alert logs, nor any trace files get generated
* No known changes done before and that could point a s the root problem.
* Extracting Call Stack from produced core files (Note:1812.1) shows: skgdbgcra ksdbgcra ssexhd
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document