11gR2 Grid Infrastructure Installer Sees no ASM disks When 10.2 Clusterware Environment Exists
(Doc ID 1277148.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During install of 18.104.22.168.0 Grid Infrastructure software, Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) displays no disks at all under STORAGE OPTION > CREATE ASM DISK GROUP.
Note: See attached screen shot
* ASMLIB ('oracleasm listdisks', either from /usr/sbin or /etc/init.d directories) across all nodes, shows all ASM disks.
* Also kfod ('asm_diskstring=/dev/oracleasm/disks/* disks=all' or 'asm_diskstring=ORCL:* disks=all', or 'disks=all'), does show all the ASM disks
* Checked that no ORA* or TNS* OS environments set for the session that launched the runInstaller.
* OS owner and file permissions on these asmlib devices seem proper (oracle:dba and 660).
* The asmlib devices using emcpower multipath devices. From the contents of /etc/sysconfig/oracleasm, appears these are properly configured.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document