11gR2 Grid Infrastructure Installer Sees no ASM disks When 10.2 Clusterware Environment Exists
Last updated on DECEMBER 27, 2011
Applies to:Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 18.104.22.168
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Note: See attached screen shot
* ASMLIB ('oracleasm listdisks', either from /usr/sbin or /etc/init.d directories) across all nodes, shows all ASM disks.
* Also kfod ('asm_diskstring=/dev/oracleasm/disks/* disks=all' or 'asm_diskstring=ORCL:* disks=all', or 'disks=all'), does show all the ASM disks
* Checked that no ORA* or TNS* OS environments set for the session that launched the runInstaller.
* OS owner and file permissions on these asmlib devices seem proper (oracle:dba and 660).
* The asmlib devices using emcpower multipath devices. From the contents of /etc/sysconfig/oracleasm, appears these are properly configured.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms