Queries Return Wrong Results During Ddl Operations (Move/Split Partition)
(Doc ID 1305875.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.4 and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Cloud Exadata Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 10.2.0.4 version in production
Queries executed on partitioned table during DDL operation like merge is giving wrong results.
1. A query which SUMs amounts in huge partitioned table is executed.
2. Results are saved.
3. DDL operation like alter table move tablespace xxx (or) alter table split partition tablespace xxx are executed on this partitioned table
4. Execute again query from the first step during running DDL from the third step.
5. Results (SUMs, record counts) from steps 1 and 3 differes . No other DDL o DML operatins were running on effected table.
6. Run query again after the DDL operation is finished and results are OK. (same as in step 1)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document