Why Auto Optimizer Statistics Collection May Appear to be "Stuck" and Not Running?
(Doc ID 1320246.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- The 'auto optimizer stats collection' task is enabled in auto task
- STATISTICS_LEVEL has already been set to TYPICAL or FULL
- dba_autotask_client_history is empty
- Statistics on tables are stale.
- Some scheduler window is active and LAST_START_DATE is several days ago.
User restarted database using shutdown immediately while one scheduler window is running.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document