Create Materialized View Fails with ORA-12028
(Doc ID 1321715.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.1.0.2 to 10.2.0.4 [Release 10.1 to 10.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Getting an ORA-12028 when creating a distributed, fast-refresh mview.
1. Both master and mview sites are stated as 10.2.0.4.
2. This worked when compatibility = 10.2.0.1, but not when set to 10.2.0.3.
3. It also worked when created as a complete-refresh mview.
4. The checks in <Document 1059547.1> "How to deal with ORA-12028 reported when creating a Fast Refreshable Remote Mview," were completed, but the issue remained.
5. A 10046 trace showed that the failing statement was dbms_utility.db_version. This was successful when run locally, but failed when run via a dblink.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document