ORA-19587: error occurred reading 512 bytes at block number 1
(Doc ID 1327609.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 10.2 to 11.2]
Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Machine - Version N/A and later
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Database Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
***Checked for relevance on 21-Jan-2014***
- UNIX systems with Veritas File System (VxFS) in use.
- Using RMAN 'crosscheck archivelog all' command, the following errors are reported:
- This issue is NOT reproducible or at least not easy to do it. It can happen today and do not see it again during the next month.
- If there are different 'archive' destinations defined it can be that this problem is shown only in one of the archivers and not all at the same time.
- The system is not particularly busy.
No specific changes done on the system.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document