Last updated on OCTOBER 27, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 10.2.0.1 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 10.2 to 11.2]
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
***Checked for relevance on 21-Jan-2014***
- UNIX systems with Veritas File System (VxFS) in use.
- Using RMAN 'crosscheck archivelog all' command, the following errors are reported:
RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
RMAN-03009: failure of crosscheck command on ORA_DISK_1 channel at 04/26/2010 04:40:17
ORA-19587: error occurred reading 512 bytes at block number 1
ORA-27091: unable to queue I/O
ORA-27072: File I/O error
SVR4 Error: 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Additional information: 4
Additional information: 1
- The O.S. shows the file size as:
k2> ls -l arch_P152_1_6272_685364937.dbf
k2> -rw-rw---- 1 oracle dba 512 Mar 17 23:34 arch_P152_1_6272_685364937.dbf
- This issue is NOT reproducible or at least not easy to do it. It can happen today and do not see it again during the next month.
- If there are different 'archive' destinations defined it can be that this problem is shown only in one of the archivers and not all at the same time.
- The system is not particularly busy.
No specific changes done on the system.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms