Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle OLAP - Version: 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 - Release: 11.1 to 11.2
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) Use the sample project
2) Partition the Cube by Time at Month Level
3) Build and Aggregate the Cube
4) Add a new member to the Channel Dimension. Ensure that the new member does not affect the existing partition of the cube.
5) Load (with data that affect only latest partition) and aggregate the cube.
6) All partitions of the cube are re-aggregated (as a new member was added to non-partitioned dimension, namely Channel).
7) The cubes are fairly huge and the time it takes to re-aggregate the partition is fairly significant
(even though the existing data is not affected by new member) and the time taken is can be the same as a full solve.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms