Oracle Text 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 Support Note for Lexer Feature Updates
(Doc ID 1354793.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Text - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The following Oracle Text features will stop functioning for customers upgrading to 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 and will fail giving a "feature not available error" - DRG-11135: feature not generally available
- AUTO_LEXER Lexer Type
- Entity Extraction Functionality (CTX_ENTITY PL/SQL package)
- The following values of INDEX_STEMS attribute of BASIC_LEXER Lexer Type (26): ARABIC, BOKMAL, CATALAN, CROATIAN, CZECH, DANISH, DERIVATIONAL_NEW, DUTCH_NEW, ENGLISH_NEW, FINNISH, FRENCH_NEW, GERMAN_NEW, GREEK, HEBREW, HUNGARIAN, ITALIAN_NEW, NYNORSK, POLISH, PORTUGUESE, ROMANIAN, RUSSIAN, SERBIAN, SLOVAK, SLOVENIAN, SPANISH_NEW, SWEDISH
- Possible errors ORA-29855 ORA-20000 DRG-10502 DRG-11135, may return when above features are used.
- Above features are enabled in 126.96.36.199 release.
- The technology for all the features listed in this note has been changed to a new implementation in 188.8.131.52.0 and 184.108.40.206.0.
For this reason, indexes created before 220.127.116.11.0 that use these features could see different results, and will not be supported.
Oracle recommends that all such indexes be rebuilt so that the same technology is used for lexing during indexing and querying.
This is only a run-time disablement. Customers who are using the features are allowed to re-enable these features after help from Oracle Support.
The following steps (1 and 2) are needed by the customer:
1. Enabling the feature
For customer on non-Windows platform, on 18.104.22.168 apply <Patch 12811829> and for 22.214.171.124 apply <Patch 17402822> .
Contact Oracle Support if the patch is not available for your platform.
Above Text fixes are included in 126.96.36.199 Bundle Patch 30 and higher and in 188.8.131.52 Bundle Patch 6 (BP 184.108.40.206.6) and higher. See <Note 2285559.1> for finding the latest Windows Bundle Patch.
If you have installed <Patch 17402822> and Patch 19689469 then you can enable AUTO_LEXER while setting below event at session or system level.
Example for setting it at the session level:
alter session set events '30579 trace name context forever, level 67108864';
This event is not available on 12cR1 release, as this feature is enabled by default.
2. Running the Report to verify if your application uses these features.
Please run the following report from SQL*Plus connected as CTXSYS. If the queries do not return any results then no further action is required.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document