ODA Oracle Database Appliance Bare Metal Restore Procedure X5-2 and X6-2
Last updated on MAY 09, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database Appliance X6-2 HA Hardware - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Oracle Database Appliance Software - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 12.1]
Oracle Database Appliance - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Oracle Database Appliance X5-2 - Version All Versions to All Versions [Release All Releases]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Database Appliance ships from the factory with OS and Appliance Manager Pre-Installed. The document outlines the steps to be performed if there is a need to Re-image the complete ODA.
This procedure is also commonly referred to as a "Bare Metal Restore"
- Bare Metal Restore (OS Re-Imaging) is specific to the node on which the procedure is executed and will overwrite the local storage (OS) on that node
- Reimaging an ODA needs to be done on both nodes.
- Bare Metal OS Re-Imaging does not patch the firmware (BIOS/ILOM etc).
- BM only re-images the local system disk from an OS perspective
- ODA + Virtualization (ODAVP) requires different binaries / ISO than non-ODAVP (available as of ODA 2.5.x and higher)
- See Note 888888.1 for descriptions and links
This note's steps below are specific to ODA X5-2 and X6-2
Click on the following link for a pdf outlining pre-X5-2 ODA steps Bare Metal Restore.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms