Last updated on AUGUST 30, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Database Configuration Assistant - Version 10.2.0.1 and later
Trying to create a database with DBCA on a Windows AD controller, fails with the below error, around 2% completion
- Windows service "OracleService<SID>" was created, but not started.
- The user was already added to domain administrator group, as well as the ORA_DBA group
- can occur on both 32bit and 64bit.
- Problem does NOT reproduce on a Member server. Only the Active Directory Controller.
- Trying to create the Oracle service manually, this fails with OS 1376 error
DIM-00019: create service error.
O/S - Error: (OS 1376) the specified local group does not exit
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms