InnoDB Error: "log sequence number is in the future"
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:MySQL Server - Version 4.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to use InnoDB after a recovery, the following error occurs.
120207 13:30:29 InnoDB: Error: page 573441 log sequence number 22 697197707
InnoDB: is in the future! Current system log sequence number 5 2916730276.
InnoDB: Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB
InnoDB: tablespace but not the InnoDB log files. See
InnoDB: for more information.
This issue will usually happen after one of the following changes:
- If the InnoDB log files were deleted and one or more of these events preceded that deletion (none of the events can on their own cause the error - it takes both one of the following events and deleting the log files):
- The hardware server crashed.
- The mysqld process was terminated with kill -9 or another reason.
- The data was restored from a hot backup.
- MySQL was shut down using while innodb_fast_shutdown = 2.
- MySQL was restored from a backup where the InnoDB log files did not exist or is from a different backup.
- MySQL was restored from an inconsistent backup.
- MySQL was started with innodb_force_recovery = 6.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms