MySQL Server: "Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT and at least one table uses a storage engine limited to row-based logging. InnoDB is limited"; Error 1665 (HY000)
Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2017
Applies to:MySQL Server - Version 5.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to execute a statement, the following error occurs.
This error is most likely to happen after performing one of the following changes:
- MySQL was upgraded from version 5.0 or earlier.
- The storage engine was changed to InnoDB for one or more tables.
- The default transaction level was changed to READ COMMITTED or READ UNCOMMITTED from REPEATABLE READ or SERIALIZABLE for the MySQL instance.
- The transaction level for a the transaction giving the error was changed (see previous line).
- The binary log format was changed to STATEMENT from either ROW or MIXED.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms