Wrong Results (or No Rows) with Full Partition-wise Join Between Reference Partitioned Tables
(Doc ID 1439194.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The symptoms are as follows:
- A join between two reference partitioned tables returns wrong results (or no rows).
- The parent table is composite partitioned.
- Other databases with the same RDBMS version, OS, and data model, but different data, may not have the issue.
- This was found to reproduce in 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168. Versions 22.214.171.124 and 11gR1 were not tested, but may have the same issue. (Reference partitioning was not available prior to 11g).
Here is the testcase:
1. Create the composite-partitioned parent table named P
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document